Monday, October 13, 2014

Spots

James has Hand, Foot, & Mouth :(

We drove down to the bootheel Thursday night after my class, and usually the kids sleep through the trip. James fussed and cried off and on for the last 2-3 hours, and Sam turned to me and said something about it not working any more to do the trip overnight. But then James woke up Friday with spots on his chin and hands, so I figure he must have had the fever Thursday night in the car.

I've got my fingers crossed that it's just a very mild case. He got more spots on his feet and up his legs on Saturday (and that poor blister on his nose!) but he let me wipe his face off without too much fuss and he's eating and drinking just fine, just crabbier than normal. I took this picture on Saturday:

It stinks timing-wise because we'd driven all the way to the Bernie for my great-aunt Helen's 100th birthday (more on that later!) and then James was quarantined (and Sam was stuck at home with him) the whole time we were there.

Here's the link to when I wrote about Amelie having HFM the month after she started daycare.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! Is James feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And he did have a mild case. He gets to go back to daycare Monday, and I'm sure he'll be super excited about it. Last time we dropped Amelie off he cried that he couldn't go in.

      Delete